Carrot Stick

Yahoo! Avatars

Friday, February 29, 2008

Thing 7: Online Communication Tools

I did use the free Doodle tool to create a little poll of my family about what their favorite vacation destination is. That was quick and fun. I can see using something like that in the future for polling family, friends or school staff about different things. I can teach students and staff about it for the times when they want to use primary research. The calender feature would be nice for planning any event where you wanted to maximize attendance.

I did skim through the 6 blogs at the top of the email. I am feeling a bit left out of the craze to create online - I do not identify (yet!)

WEBINARS
I have participated in a few webinars, the latest one through MINITEX which made available the College of DuPage's Soaring to Excellence teleconference called “People Watching With a Purpose: Meeting Needs Before They Need It."

CREATIVE COMMONS
I learned about a website this week that would be a good source for students and staff to find images for their lessons or projects. It is called Creative Commons. http://search.creativecommons.org

No comments: