Carrot Stick

Yahoo! Avatars

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Thing 8: Share Your Creations

Slide.com
The “23 Things Mosaic” by Ann Walker on her blog is cool, but for me it seems like a waste of time. Graphics arts professionals – not me - can do stuff on slide.com – it’s a cool tool. I have so many other things I want to do and need to do – than play, create and share my creations on the Internet.

Picturetrail.com
According to their website, PictureTrail says they offer "several services that enable you to express yourself." They say they offer the biggest selection of slide shows on the web.

Ugh! I guess all this photo sharing to "enhance your online community experience" is really starting to get to me. I feel sorry for our kids/students who are learning to spend so much time on things that are "all about me" (the whole social networking scene) versus spending time serving others - which is the ultimate way of enhancing one's community's experience.

No comments: