Carrot Stick

Yahoo! Avatars

Monday, March 24, 2008

Thing 13: Online Productivity Tools

iGoogle
I had set up my iGoogle homepage when I set up my Google Reader a few weeks ago. Today I added some nice gadgets to the page including a daily Bible verse and a picture of somewhere in the world that your must see "before you die!"

I clicked on "Add stuff" and found lots of gadgets/widgets I would like to play with - but why tempt myself? I want to guard the time I spend in front of the computer. Many of these gadgets can serve to maximize productivity, but many, many of them will serve as distractions that will have the opposite effect.

Miscellaneous
I spent some time looking at a couple of short uTube videos with Easter themes. One was a "how-to" video on how to dye Easter eggs with naturally occurring colors (i.e. red cabbage).
I start to see how uTube can be used in the classroom. uTube can be searched for quick instructional segments for use in specific curricular areas.

No comments: