Carrot Stick

Yahoo! Avatars

Monday, April 7, 2008

Thing 19: Podcasts

I have listened to all the MEMO podcasts out of St. Cloud University. They have been a bit poor in audio quality but I have managed to understand and get something out of each one.

I listened to part of the Minnesota Public Radio podcast called “Musicheads” from April 1 ’08. They were reviewing a band called “The Kills” which I would also agreed with one of the podcast panelist was pretty poor….

Podcast Directories
I had a hard time using the Podcast.com directory. I couldn’t get the “Family” folder to open. Finally I clicked in the right place somehow and I got to choose a PetDoctor podcast. I chose one on cat care and listened for awhile. There were several minutes of commercials which was annoying.

Podcastalley.com had no directory so I didn’t stay.

When I used Yahoo Podcasts I typed in “kids and pets” and it took me to a YouTube video??

I found the Education Podcast Network easy to use. I wanted to share a podcast with my students at school this week. I found a great one at the faithcomesbyhearing.com website. I listened to Episode 140 of the Kidz Audio Bible on “Jesus enters Jerusalem.” It was fantastic!

I want to try to do a podcast with my students next week!

No comments: