Carrot Stick

Yahoo! Avatars

Monday, April 14, 2008

Stick 23: Final Thoughts

Thoughts
I feel much more informed about the Web 2.0 tools - not just head knowledge but also practical knowledge from hands-on experience.

I start to understand that these tools cannot be ignored. They are the tools of the future in some way, shape or form. Where before I thought I could stay oblivious to many of these tools - not any more.

Favorites
Making the blog and posting on the blog was a great experience. Making the avatar was not something I enjoyed initially but now I see its use and would probably spend more time making another one someday. YouTube is something I wasn’t all that familiar with and now see great potential for its use in an educational setting.

Connecting
I told a lot of people I was doing this “23 things” thing. Everyone was so impressed with what I was learning - and awed by the amount of time I spent participating in this tutorial.

It was good for me to be forced to join some of the social networking sites. I am by nature not needing to socialize much, but I can see its importance in keeping up professionally in this new era of Internet sharing.

Unexpected outcomes
I am amazed at the depth of activity going on on the Internet. It is truly the way people get together and share EVERYTHING! Not to keep up would be social and professional suicide.

Do differently
These have been great exercises - just too many in a short amount of time. Having this tutorial in my life has taken over everything else. How about one a month? :-)

Future participation
Yes, for sure - but see above comment!

Short description of my learning experience with the 23 things
Hooray for me, I did it! - because it was such a huge personal challenge!


I liked Meredith Farkas' ideas on her post "If I had just 15 minutes a day " to keep up...
Fifteen minutes seems doable. I can visit one of the blogs mentioned in her post.
http://meredith.wolfwater.com/wordpress/index.php/2007/04/26/if-i-just-had-15-minutes-each-day/

1 comment:

23 Things said...

Congratulations on finishing. Great job and great suggestions in this post. Thanks for taking the time to participate and react.

Watch for more on a stick in fall or winter!