Carrot Stick

Yahoo! Avatars

Sunday, April 6, 2008

Thing 18: YouTube

YouTube definition: Internet video-sharing which enables a two minute clip to be viewed millions of times. YouTube is a free service that hosts videos posted by users.

I watched the three videos recommended from the list of YouTube “Award Winners from 2007.” I commented on “A vision of students” video a coupe of “things” ago.

I read Christopher Conway’s article, “YouTube and the Cultural Studies Classroom,” which was about the value video clips can serve in the educational setting (his being the university).

I certainly can see a place for using YouTube video clips in the classroom to bring in “video realia” to accompany the students’ textbooks.

I wish I could have accessed the “Seven things you should know about YouTube.” I just couldn’t get the list no matter what I clicked on!

The MakeUseOf.com website is huge with its lists, recommendation and tips. I liked the documentaries recommendations and the support that gives to using YouTube in the classroom, too.

It is cool how the public libraries are using YouTube to get people in the door and promote themselves!

No comments: